Mission of Northfield Public Broadcasting
Northfield Public Broadcasting recognizes the strength of building community identity through storytelling. NPB strives to fulfill this potential with the following pillars:
- Keep the public informed with a mind for equity and accessibility.
- Update the public of Northfield responsibly.
- Strive to educate the public of Northfield in an entertaining fashion.
- Provide for the public a digital platform for local culture.
- Share stories which highlight Northfield’s unique challenges, accomplishments, diversity, and beauty.
Where to watch
Northfield Public Broadcasting manages Charter Spectrum channels 180 and 187.
A live feed and archived shows are available online.
Videos produced by or in partnership with the City of Northfield are published on their YouTube channel, which is managed by NPB.
Anyone can submit programs to Northfield Public Broadcasting.
For details on acceptable programming, read our detailed operating guidelines:
Northfield Public Broadcasting is a branch of the City of Northfield, Minnesota. NPB accepts programming for broadcast on the access channels carried on the franchised cable operator’s cable system serving the City. These policies and procedures will be implemented by NPB’s station manager. Day-to-day decisions on particular matters will be at the discretion of NPB.
NPB will not exercise editorial control over the content of any producer’s program. NPB does not assume responsibility for viewing programs. All program content is the responsibility of the producer.