Aging in Place Grant
The Home Matters Residential Rehab Program is offering grants up to $7,000 to income qualified homeowners, 62 years of age and older, to adapt their homes so they can age in place.
Improvements or adaptations
Qualified improvements or adaptations include, but are not limited to:
- Exterior and interior walkway modifications such as ramps, railings, etc.
- Grab bars
- Kitchen modifications- lowering of countertops, cabinets, etc.
- Bathroom modifications such as ADA toilets, walk-in showers, etc.
- Widening doors
- Relocating of laundry facility from basement to main level
- Relocating of light switches
Income must be at or under the following household income guidelines:
|Household size||Annual income (gross)|
This program is sponsored by Northfield Housing & Redevelopment Authority and Dakota County Community Development Agency.
Funds are limited. If additional items need to be replaced or repaired above and beyond this grant, Northfield Housing & Redevelopment Authority allows homeowners to apply for the Home Matters Residential Rehab Program loan in conjunction with this grant.
Completed applications will be accepted March 1, 2021 through March 31, 2021. All members of the household must be represented on the form. Please make sure that all owners sign the forms.
Submit the following additional documents
- Income verification for all household members ages 18 years and older will be required (as applicable):
- Wages: copies of six (6) most recent consecutive pay stubs.
- Social Security: most recent Social Security benefit letter.
- Child Support/Spousal Maintenance: statement showing last 12 months support received.
- Self-Employment/Miscellaneous Income: Please call for instructions.
Submitting the application
Submit completed application to:
Community Development Department City of Northfield
801 Washington St S
Northfield, MN 55057