Housing & Redevelopment Authority
|Jayne Hager Dee||Secretary||12/31/2018||507-663-1568|
|Erica Zweifel||Council Representative||12/31/2020||507-663-7131|
|Colin Bandy||Youth Representative|
Special meetings are occasionally called. The City of Northfield Housing and Redevelopment Authority's (HRA) mission is to provide a sufficient supply of adequate, safe, and sanitary dwellings in Northfield. The primary goals of the HRA are to:
- Protect the health, safety, morals, and welfare of the citizens of Northfield
- Clear and redevelop blighted areas
- Perform said duties according to the city’s Comprehensive Plan
- Remedy the shortage of housing for low and moderate income residents
- Redevelop blighted areas in situations in which private enterprise would not act without government participation or subsidies
The commisssion consists of five members appointed by the mayor and approved by the City Council. Each member serves a five-year term. There is no term limit. Members do not receive monetary compensation.
Application & Membership Requirements
The mayor recommends applicants to the City Council based on their interest in affordable housing and redevelopment issues, along with willingness to serve and background.
Applications are available online or at:
City Hall, City Clerk
801 Washington St.
Northfield, MN 55057