Mayor Rhonda Pownell
Rhonda Pownell, Mayor
About Rhonda Pownell
Rhonda Pownell is the Mayor of the City of Northfield. The Mayor serves a four-year term.
Mayor Pownell was elected to her first term as Mayor of Northfield, Minnesota in 2016. Her current term expires December 31, 2020. Pownell was first elected to the City Council in 2008. She was serving her second term as Council Member At-Large when she was elected Mayor.
Mayor Pownell is currently involved with these commissions, committees or community initiatives:
- Council City Employment Committee
- Economic Development Authority
- Ice Arena Advisory Board
- Mayors Youth Council
- Northfield Transportation Advisory Committee
- Rice County Community & Justice Council
State and Regional Affiliations
Northfield is represented by Mayor Pownell on these regional and state agencies:
- LMC Improving Service Delivery Policy Committee
- League of Minnesota Cities Insurance Trust (LMCIT) Trustee
- Past President of the League of Minnesota Cities (LMC) Board of Director
The City Meeting Archives contain PDF's of agenda packets, minutes, and resolutions.
The City Meeting Portal allows you to view live streamed meetings and agendas with clickable links.
Mayor For A Day Essay Contest
The City of Northfield Mayor for a Day Essay Contest is a program to engage local 4th and 5th grade students in civic engagement through a written essay contest. Mayor for a Day Essay Contest recipients will announced and awarded by the Mayor at our annual State of the City event on Monday, March 18, 2019. View the contest form for all the details.